Wednesday, July 1, 2009

001. I Love This Blog

I love the internet! Don't You? And I love blogs. Its a wellspring of contemporary wisdom! Apocalypstic's blog for instance, is one of my current faves. The blog is maintained by an aspiring actress living in LA who is not Kat Dennings. She's very particular about that. She's beautiful and smart-mouthed and funny and so far, she has nothing new to say and I don't mean that as a criticism. Quite the opposite. Her blog is peppered with timeless bits of wisdom and common sense (the stuff our mothers tried to teach us!) retold in her uniquely brassy and witty style. We've heard it all before, of course, but somehow we manage to forget. We need constant reminding, and this blog does it for me.


5. Don't compare your progress to someone else's.
This one is hard for

me because, as we all know, I am super jealous. If I were a super hero,
jealousy would be my superpower. And what a dumb superpower,
it wouldn't even be able to help anyone! It's tempting to want to
look at Sally Mae and say, "Wow, Sally Mae has a boyfriend and a job
and washboard abs" and then to cry about it, but don't! Because for
everything Sally Mae has, there's something YOU have that SHE doesn't.
There always is! Because if she didn't...SHE'D BE YOU.
DID I JUST BLOW YOUR MIND? Really though, we're all doing our
best in this world and some people get there faster than others,
but we all get there. Again, just look at the odds! Odds
are by the time you die you'll have done something great in your life!
Even Phil Spector, who is now sitting in jail for murder,
still changed music forever!! Wow!!

Her posts are about a wide range of topics including the secret to success; dating; manners and etiquette for the modern high-heeled, be-lipsticked woman (because Emily Post did not have to deal with Twitter or Facebook); and the hotness that is David Bowie.

Boys SHOULD treat us like "Audrey Fucking Hepburn" on dates and we SHOULDN'T abandon our girl friends when we get into a relationship and FACEBOOK IS A LIFE RUINER!

If you've been keeping up with my blog or if you are even
a vaguely observant person, you may have come to the
conclusion that I am vapid, insecure, and a raging egomaniac.


I just want to assure you that you are indeed correct.

Read up! She is awesome Every visit is an inch closer to becoming Audrey Heburn!



1 comment:

  1. if i had more time i would indulge more in her blog, read about the jealousy entry...lol

    ReplyDelete