Monday, July 20, 2009

To Do

I used to like making lists. I was obssesive about it. I think I should pick up the habit again, it might be the only way for me to actually accomplish what is truly, truly essential.

1. Read more books. Le Sigh. I haven't the time! Books are my dearest friends. I mean it. While getting over a particularly nasty break up I would force myself to read to help keep the depression at bay. It was the summer after college, no school or work to throw myself into. The slightest shift of mood and I would grab the nearest book/ magazine/ pamphlet/ instruction manual closest to me. To think I don't normally read instruction manuals.

2. Finish all the Books I've started. This would have to include my collection of nat.geo that I have yet to read from cover to cover. So many books. So little time. And my eyes, my poor eyes. They're not as young as they used to be. I'm getting all sorts of pains, aches and fuzzy spots when I strain them too much.

3. Watch all the good movies in the world. Most likely, this will never happen. But trying should be fun.

4. Lose 100 pounds. Effortlessly Ok, maybe not 100...

5. Study. Don't ask me what or where or who's paying. Sometimes I feel like chosing one thing will close the door to everything else. Such sense of permanence is scary and this deciscion deserves more reflection than my usual, impetuous self would give.

6. Cook that 6-course meal I've been planning since forever. Cooking takes too much time. But anything less is cheating. Long live the slow food movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment