Monday, July 20, 2009

random beach nostalgia...

In the middle of updating my online portfolio I was hit with a sudden longing for the sand and surf, which, in itself, isn't surprising since I was uploading pieces I did about/related to in some way to Boracay, the beach destination du jour. However, I'm not exactly a big beach person. I can't stand the sun, nor the sand, nor the masses I end up sharing the shore with (at least in the more popular beaches). Maybe it will all change once I get the bikini body I've been dreaming of since...its been far too long!

I just realized, the last time I went to the beach it was (December)2008! Meh...beaches, deserted ones, aren't that bad.

Here's something I found in my multiply...

I spent the tail end of July in Boracay with my favorite person in the world and best travel buddy ever, ever, ever.

Here’s to first among many, Toni <3

I vowed once before never to visit during the summer months and I mean it. The island teeming with people loses much of its appeal. It’s gorgeous, to be sure. None of Boracay’s famed beauty is exaggerated but until recently, I never thought it was magical.

Last time I was there was exactly a year ago when I was at my most depressed. I remember crying on the beach and crying myself to sleep and charvic getting so wasted she almost missed her flight back. I cant believe I walked the same shoreline a year later the happiest I’ve ever been, ever, ever, ever.

Toni and I didn’t get to swim until dusk on the day we flew in. Right at that moment when the sun has gone down but the stars have yet to pop out, according to him. True to form, the little prince wanted to catch the sunset but his rose took too long arranging her petals.

It was the most perfect of nights. After all, its not every day we get to take a twilight dip in a deserted stretch of the very embodiment of a tropical paradise.

He lost his shirt. The sea took it away. I told him to leave it on the shore but he wouldn’t listen. The next morning the sea almost got his shades after a massive wave. I saved it. Yay.

He also let me smoke but the sea kept on putting it out. For all intents and purposes I quit smoking after his birthday. And after 3 years of smoking, my body doesn’t even look for it. Not the nicotine. It is a hard habit to break, nonetheless.

We went home without a tan but with 28 hours worth of memories from our first tonkatsu trip after 5 glorious months of being together. Thanks to Patty for coining our compounded couple name. I wont apologize for the mush. I know you all can understand. Sigh…love…Woe betied the poor creature not afflicted.




Toni in Boracay

No comments:

Post a Comment