Sunday, June 14, 2009

browbeaten

It just dawned on me that I haven’t set foot out of the house without groomed brows since I was 14 years old. It was then that I first discovered the wonders that well-define brows can do for an ordinary face. It doesn’t matter if I’m going to a party or to the Mini-Stop outside my village or to P.E. class, I’d sooner go braless than brow-less.

I knew it was true love when I finally felt comfortable enough to face my fiance sans eyebrows.

Neither my face nor my brows have changed significantly over the years, not that I can tell. You’d think that after a decade of filling in the same pair of sparse brows I’d have it right down to a pat. For some reason, I don’t. There’s still a lot of trial and error involved. My tools of the trade include a small brow brush, dark brown eye-shadow, brow pencils (black, dark-brown and blonde), brow gel and a clean mascara wand. Sounds heardcore, right? But actually I hardly have time for the whole shebang. Especially when I want to look like I’m not wearing any make-up, a few swift strokes of the blonde eye pencil usually does the trick.

I’m glad heavy, brushed up brows circa 1980s are all the rage again. I think women, myself included, generally look better with thicker brows to frame their eyes.

Case in point: Drew Barrymore! I remember she wore those thin, penciled in brows for several years in the mid 90s!



Woe for those like me who must perpetually fake it. I tell you, every morning is a struggle not to look like a bad Brooke Shields wannabe.

So I’ve been contemplating a visit to the Browhaus in Serendra, since eyebrows are such a huge deal for me. But I’m scared!!! Their services are kinda pricey and after reading a bad review I’m not sure it’s worth it? Thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. i've been having my brows thread from a local salon,. and i like it,. everytime i let my brows grow people start noticing,. making snide comments like suklayin na daw,. hay,. which reminds me im overdue for a visit

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh? how much? is it painless?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i feel like my brows are too sparse. baka pagtawanan lang ako sa salon.

    ReplyDelete